Friday, August 17, 2012

Scenes from My Backyard - 1

In the grand scheme of things, there are many people, places, and things that I'll miss about Benin. I'm already sentimental as I prepare to part in 5 months.  My backyard finds itself on that list. Since I've been in my current house, many friends from the states and elsewhere have passed through, and they've all experienced the same peace that I experience on a daily basis. 

The mosquitos and sandflies are awful, but the wandering poultry, happy dogs, trees waving in the wind, and the African stars make up for the itching and gallons of deet. 

I've decided to start sketching my backyard. Below you'll see my first. I have a bit of a scribble-sketch style. I'm no artist.  This was the view from my couch this morning. I drank my coffee and looked out the door. 




'

No comments:

Post a Comment